Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
TRIFED has entered into a partnership with IIT Delhi for the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) to bring the tribal people towards mainstream development.
- A tripartite MOU was also signed between TRIFED, IIT Delhi, and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA, a Swadeshi Science Movement) at IIT, Delhi.
- Tribal entrepreneurs under TRIFED’s Van Dhan program will now be able to get access to the expertise of the entire network of academic and research institutions under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
- TRIFED is also working with various ministries for skill development for Tribal Livelihoods.
- Ensure "round the year income-earning opportunity" for tribals is very important by engaging them in economic activities like agriculture, horticulture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, etc.
- With the help of IIT Delhi, these tribal forest dwellers will get exposure to newer processing technologies, product innovation, transformational digital systems, and handholding.
Benefits of MoU:
- The MoU opens gates for the best students to attend to the problems of sustainable tribal livelihoods.
- This partnership will enhance the livelihoods of tribal people through the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras established under the Van Dhan Yojana.
- This MoU will also benefit from the expertise and experience of Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
- VIBHA is a science Movement with Swadeshi spirit which aims to create awareness about the significant development of science and technology in India
- VIBHA will reach out to various stakeholders for convergence with the focus to strengthen Van Dhan Yojna, through its local chapters.
- VIBHA will help in gathering critical information on needs and possible intervention to TRIFED, UBA, and tribal communities.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA):
- It is a flagship national program of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Cell consists of an Advisory Committee, an Executive Committee, and a Core Working Group consisting of about 40 faculty members drawn from various departments of the institute.
- UBA aims to link the Higher Education Institutions of India with a set of at least 5 villages. These Higher Education institutions will contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- Under UBA all Higher Learning Institutes have been involved for participation in development activities, particularly in rural areas.
- It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between the society and an inclusive university system, with the latter providing knowledge base; practices for emerging livelihoods, and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and private sectors.
- Currently, under the scheme UBA, 13072 villages have been adopted by 2474 Institutes.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 is the upgraded version of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 1.0. It was launched in 2018.
- Now, UBA is extended to all educational institutes. however, under UBA 2.0 Participating institutes are selected on the basis of certain criteria.